October 29, 2013
Here is a photo of poison ivy. Keep an eye out for it when you are working in the yard, and especially if you live in a wooded area.
- Many people are susceptible to the rashes of poison ivy, oak, and sumac.
- The sap oil, called urushiol, causes the skin rash. (http://www.medicinenet.com/rash/article.htm)
- Poison ivy is not contagious from person to person, unless they carry the oils on their clothing or skin.
- Washing the oily sap from the skin with water and soap immediately can help prevent the rash.
- Avoiding direct contact with the plants can prevent the rash.
Request an Estimate
“We recommend Twin Oaks to any entity looking for a full-service, talented, and responsive provider.”