March 4, 2013
Ongoing maintenance of gutters and associated drainage is critical to the longevity of your dwelling structure. Over time, your gutter will collect debris from overhead trees, falling branches and a collection of leaves. If you have leaves on your grass, you can bet that leaves and other debris, has collected in you gutters. This material will collect, and over a period of time, create some serious drainage issues.
Properly cleaning your gutters and drainage systems on an annual basis can minimize a number of problems which can include:
- Ice dams that may cause water to leak in to the house;
- Wood and structure damage from leaking gutter & continued water saturation;
- Habitation of rodents within the drainage piping;
- Prevent excessive frost heave from saturated sub-grade soils;
- Prevent flooding in areas surrounding clogged drainage structures; and
- Infestation of grubs, earwigs and other creatures in wet, organic-rich soils.
The low cost of maintaining your structure’s drainage system can prevent expensive and unplanned repairs that may costs thousands of dollars and unfortunately, may not be covered by insurance.
Twin Oaks Landscape has the expertise, resources and knowledge to complete the necessary maintenance activities and as required, recommend additional corrective action in a professional manner. As necessary, Twin Oaks Landscape will both document the problem and explain the solution in simple, easy to understand terminology. We refer to our Licensed Professional Drainage Engineer for those difficult or complicated site problems.
“We recommend Twin Oaks to any entity looking for a full-service, talented, and responsive provider.”