1. Recycle Toner and Ink Cartridges
(According to Office Depot, each re-manufactured toner cartridge “keeps approximately 2.5 pounds of metal and plastic out of landfills… and conserves about a half gallon of oil.”)
2. Flexible Work Schedules – Instant messaging, video conferencing, and other innovative workflow tools make effective telecommuting a reality. Crew work days consist of four ten-hour days, assisting in less gas consumption.
3. Promote Eco-Friendly Habits including use of recycled stock materials.
4. Limit our printing, using emails for sharing information. Decline print copies for magazines and catalogs.
5. Make Recycling Easy for our office and field personnel by placing recycle bins for ease of use.
6. Updated our office lighting with energy saving bulbs, limit use during natural light hours.
7. Updated our computers to laptops.
8. Added indoor green plants to act as natural air filters.
9. Regular investment in our maintenance shop crew’s education keeps them informed of the best equipment maintenance practices.
· Keeping our equipment running more efficiently, this reduces emissions and fuel consumption.
· Recycling or disposing of environmentally damaging materials in an ecologically safe manner.
· Proper gas, diesel and oil filling at the appropriate times limits ozone and runoff damage.
10. Materials- Continually investigating new material suppliers that offer environmentally safer goods.
11. Paperless invoicing.
12. Irrigation programs that optimizes limited water usage
Two thousand scientists, in a hundred countries, engaged in the most elaborate, well organized scientific collaboration in the history of humankind, have produced long-since a consensus that we will face a string of terrible catastrophes unless we act to prepare ourselves and deal with the underlying causes of global warming .
AL GORE, speech at National Sierra Club Convention, Sept. 9, 2005