Five Benefits of Hiring a Lawn Aerator
Benefits to Lawn Aeration:
1. Allows less restricted flow of oxygen to grass roots. Grass roots need adequate oxygen from the soil to develop strong and healthy roots.
2. Increases the water infiltration rate. Increased water absorption in the soil will sustain the grass roots during the harsh summer heat.
3. Breaks up excessive thatch (the dead layer of debris just below the surface of a lawn). Even though thatch can insulate against extreme temperatures, excessive thatch is the perfect breeding ground for destructive lawn insects and disease.
4. Improved nutrient absorption. A well fed lawn will remain lush and green throughout the summer months.
5. Shorter rebound time. A loose lawn soil will enable a lawn to recover much faster to a strong healthy state after it has been disturbed from heavy foot traffic.
All lawns can benefit from a minimum of a yearly aeration with a lawn aerator. To reap the maximum benefits from a professional lawn aeration, it should be completed in the spring and in the fall. In the spring the soil is already loose from the winter freezes, an aeration application will create favorable soil conditions to maximize a lawn’s health. In the fall the soil is more compact from the summer heat, aeration will loosen the soil and allow the grass roots to absorb the needed nutrients to survive the harsh winter.
Aeration should be a normal part of lawn care along with fertilizing, weeding, pest control, watering, and mowing. Even though some homeowners choose to purchase a lawn aerator and attempt to complete the aeration themselves, landscape professionals provide more than just the aeration service. They can analyze the soil and level of health of the grass and provide recommendations on the specific needs of the lawn. Every lawn is different and their needs vary, only a lawn professional can provide a complete tailor made plan to meet the needs of each lawn. Following a lawn care plan will assist a homeowner in not only developing a lush green lawn, but maintaining it so it becomes the envy of the neighborhood.
Get your yard looking its absolute best with custom landscaping solutions from Twin Oaks. Find us online at https://www.twinoakslandscape.biz/, visit us in Ann Arbor, MI at 4100 South Maple Road, or call us at (734) 213-6911.